Support Staff Employment Opportunity
College of Extended Learning UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||095-12.13||Closing Date:||November 30, 2012 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||S.A.L.A.C.||Salary or Rate:||$17.97 - $21.02 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||1 Year Term||Funding:||University Budget|
The successful incumbent provides administrative and secretarial support to the UNB Art Centre/Personal & Cultural Enrichment (PCE) unit of the College of Extended Learning and will ensure that all aspects of the operation run in an efficient and effective manner. This position reports directly to the Director of the UNB Art Centre.
Note: UNBEA members are eligible to apply in accordance with Article 23.07 of the collective agreement.
• Prepare annual budgets, process travel claims, facilitate monthly reconciliations, process purchase order requests, invoices and other payments, payroll, reconcile petty cash and other related accounting procedures.
• Track and monitor budgetary issues and collect statistical information.
• Organize and process staff, instructor and student paperwork and payroll.
• Track attendance and enrolment figures and prepare reports.
• Organize and maintain filling systems. Schedule meeting and prepare agendas.
• Assist with gallery events; reception organization and preparation of food and bar services.
• Prepare grant proposals, surveys and other associated materials.
• Document and calculate newspaper and radio press coverage.
• Order specialized museum supplies and equipment and maintain office supplies.
• Provide information and answer inquiries from the public regarding PCE non-credit courses and events.
• Prepare and mail out materials for instructors, prepare a matrix of courses for each term: track registration, prepare Course Detail Forms, schedule classrooms, provide Guest ID’s for instructors, and book AV equipment.
• Prepare paperwork and scheduling for special events.
• Contact instructors and students about classes and course cancellations. Set up and monitor survey for course evaluations.
• Prepare marketing request forms, proof marketing materials, prepare web materials, submit and monitor changes.
• Maintain and monitor list services, Facebook and other social media. Prepare/post posters and other marketing materials.
• Update LCD message board in Memorial Hall lobby. Sources locations and move lobby displays to various locations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two year college diploma or an equivalent combination of training and experience with emphasis on accounting experience; some college or university experience would be an asset. 2-5 years related experience.
• Experience working in a university, arts or office environment.
• Experience working with a Macintosh computer and its various office applications; proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word required.
• Knowledge of Datatel and other data management systems an asset.
• Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail. Highly motivated; demonstrates initiative and problem solving abilities.
• Strong ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Demonstrated excellence in client service, written and verbal communication skills are essential; ability to interact with the public and professional partners on a daily basis.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY