Academic Employment Opportunity
Dean of Nursing
|Competition #:||#13-13||Closing Date:||Will remain open until the position is filled.|
University of New Brunswick
3 Bailey Drive, Fredericton,
New Brunswick, Canada
Dean, Faculty of Nursing
The Dean is responsible to the Vice-President Fredericton (Academic) for the supervision and administration of all activities of the Faculty of Nursing. The successful candidate will be a transformative leader who brings strong academic qualifications, a demonstrated record of achievement in teaching and research and an understanding of fundraising and external relations. The position is for a 5-year term, which is renewable. An earned doctorate in Nursing or a related field, with at least one graduate degree in Nursing is required and candidates must be eligible for registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick.
The Dean is responsible for providing strong leadership and vision in the articulation and implementation of the Faculty’s evolving strategic plan for professional education in alignment with the mission and vision of the University of New Brunswick.
· Provides leadership in the implementation of the Faulty and University strategic plans.
· Leads ongoing academic planning for the Faculty.
Teaching and Learning
· Advances the importance of teaching and oversees regular evaluation of programs.
Research and Scholarly Activity
· Promotes excellence and integrity in research and scholarly activity.
· Works to increase funding support from external sources.
· Encourages the development and application of new research methods and technologies.
· Plans and prioritizes human resource needs for the Faculty.
· Ensures the effective management of a balanced operating budget.
· Encourages a sense of vision, energy and collegiality within the Faculty.
· Builds and maintains strong relations within and outside the University.
Salary Range: $107,988 - $154,776 Decanal Stipend.
UNB offers a competitive benefits package and pension plan
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply: however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of New Brunswick is committed to the principle of employment equity.
For more information about this exciting leadership opportunity at UNB, please call The Geldart Consulting Group Inc. and speak to either Danielle Conn or Maureen Geldart at 604-926-0005.