UNBF Valedictorian Selection Process
The UNB Valedictorian provides a formal address to all fellow graduating students and to faculty and guests at Encaenia. Any University of New Brunswick student, staff, or faculty member can nominate a graduating student to be Valedictorian. Potential candidates should meet the criteria outlined below.
Three Valedictorians will be selected for the May Encaenia; one valedictorian for each May Encaenia ceremony. Valedictorians will write and deliver an address to fellow graduates, faculty, honoured guests, friends and family attending Encaenia.
Eligibility and Criteria
Nominees/candidates for the 2018 Valedictorian positions are required to meet the criteria listed below:
- Students must be graduating from a degree program at the UNB Fredericton campus.
- Students must be graduating at the upcoming May Encaenia and have completed their application to graduate by March 1, 2017.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in their last 60 credit hours.
- Involvement in campus and community activities will be strongly considered.
- Candidates should have strong public speaking skills.
- Selection of valedictorian will be based upon a scored interview process by a panel of UNB representatives comprised of 3-5 individuals including student representation.
- Decisions of the Selection Committee will be released in 2018.
- Four (4) valedictorians will be selected; one for each May graduation ceremony:
- Ceremony A
- Ceremony B
- Ceremony C
- Ceremony D