Global Site Navigation (use tab and down arrow)
Vice President - Academic
Tilley Hall - Room 5
Encourage Active and Collaborative Learning
- The tables in the room provide plenty of work space for laptops, notes, and other items.
- Seating is tiered in the back two rows, but fully flexible in the front for flexible modes of learning (such as talking circles or panel discussions).
- Wireless presentation technologies allow instructors and students to wirelessly collaborate with the digital projector system.
Promote Student-Faculty Interaction
- Seating shape and design to maximize the ability for instructors and students to engage each other.
- Portable instructor desk-podium designed to reduce barriers, while still providing sufficient workspace for instructors laptop, notes, and other teaching tools.
- Improved acoustics through a dropped ceiling and distributed sound system.
- With the wireless presetnation technologies, the instructor is not anchored or tethered to one location and can present from any location.
- Tiered seating allows the students and instructor to easily see and hear each other.
Provide Enriching Educational Experiences
- Each table has it's own power outlet for each student to connect devices to (such as a laptop or phone).
- Relaible wireless connectivity designed for the next generation of learning environments.
Provide a Supportive Campus Environment
- Comfortable seating designed to give more space in the seat for students.
- Natural light from adjacent windows increases the comfortable nature of the room.
- Window shades are provided to ensure just the right amount of light is filtered into the room.
- Air exchange and automated temperature control provide a livable and comfortable environment.