Global Site Navigation (use tab and down arrow)
Vice President - Academic
Keirstead Hall - Room 103
Encourage Active and Collaborative Learning
- Alternating rows in this classroom have swivel seats so that students may engage in group discussions and activities.
- While the back few rows are fixed, the entire front half of the room is with flexible seating pods to encourage alternative modes of learning (such as talking circles or panel discussions).
- Wireless presentation technologies allow instructors and students to wireless collaborate with the digital projector system.
Promote Student-Faculty Interactions
- A large center isle allows instructors to freely engage with students.
- Portable instructor desk-podium designed to reduce barriers, while still providing sufficient workspace for instructors laptop, notes, and other teaching tools.
- Improved acoustics through a dropped ceiling and distributed sound system.
- With the wireless prsentation technologies, the instructor is not anchored or tethered to one spot in the room, they are free to present from any location.
- Tiered seating in the back allows the students and instructor to easily see and hear each other.
Provide Enriching Educational Experiences
- The non-swivel seats have a power outlet for students to connect devices to. This provides power for every other student.
- Relaible wireless connectivity is designed for the next generation of learning environments.
Provide a Supportive Campus Environment
- Comfortable seating designed to give more space in the seat for students.
- Natural light from adjacent windows increases the comfortable nature of the room.
- Window shades are provided to ensure just the right amount of light is filtered into the room.
- Air exchange and automated temperature control provide a livable and comfortable environment.