Tilley Hall - Room 302
There was much feedback on this room prior to renovation. While the table and chairs in the room were fairly new, the landscape-style seating, and close quarters rows made using this room very difficult and constraining. It was opted to rotate the orientation of the room and utilize a tier-seating arrangement to make better use of the space. Not wanting to waste any good furnishings, the table and chairs have been relocated to other rooms to be better utilized.
Encourage Active and Collaborative Learning
- The tables in the room provide plenty of work space for laptops, notes, and other items.
- Wireless presentation technologies allow instructors and students to wirelessly collaborate with the digital projector system.
- Seating is double-tiered in the room to allow two rows of students to face each other during discussion or group work.
Promote Student-Faculty Interaction
- Large center isle allows instructors to freely engage with students.
- Portable instructor desk-podium designed to reduce barriers, while still providing sufficient workspace for the instructors laptop, notes, and other teaching tools.
- Improved acoustics through a dropped ceiling and a distributed sound system.
- With the wireless presentation technologies, the instructor is not achored or tethered to one spot in the room, they are free to present from any location.
- Tiered seating allows the students and instructor to easily see and hear each other.
Provide Enriching Educational Experiences
- Each table has it's own power outlet for a student to connect up to three devices (such as a laptop or phone).
- Reliable wireless connectivity designed for the next generation of learning environments.
Provide a Supportive Campus Environment
- Comfortable seating designed to give more space in the seat for students.
- Natural light from adjacent windows increases the comfortable nature of the room.
- Window shades are provided to ensure just the right amount of light is filtered into the room.
- Air exchange and automated temperature control provide a livable and comfortable environment.