IUC Physics - Room 323
If ever there was an example of an active learning classroom it is this room. Designed for active, collaborative, discussions, group-work style of teaching and learning. Multiple writing surfaces, flexible technology, and easily moveable furniture truly give this room a fun and malleable space for students and instructors to engage in. The unique chevron design of the tables create great spaces for two or more students to collaborate on group work or engage in think-pair-share. Likewise, each table is equipped with an individual whiteboard that clips to the side of the table, allowing for even more active and group-orientated work.
Encourage Active and Collaborative Learning
- Tables provide a large work surface for student laptops, notes, and other items.
- Tables and chairs are designed to be easily moved around and reconfigured for many different learning modes (such as discussion or group work).
- The tables use a unique chevron design to let two students comfortable work together as a team.
- Each table is equipped with a personal whiteboard tablet. These tablets can be fixed to the side of the table for group work, in the center to divide the table for privacy (e.g. test writing) or hung below the tablet for storage. Likewise, these whiteboard tablets can be hung from the whitboard in the room to be used in group discussions.
- Wireless presentation technologies allow instructors and students to wirelessly collaborate with the digital projector system.
Promote Student-Faculty Interaction
- Portable instructor desk-podium designed to reduce barriers, while still providing sufficient workspace for the instructors laptop, notes, and other teaching tools.
- Improved acoustics through a dropped ceiling and a distributed sound system.
- With the wireless presentation technologies, the instructor is not achored or tethered to one spot in the room, they are free to present from any location.
Provide Enriching Educational Experiences
- Reliable wireless connectivity designed for the next generation of learning environments.
- Multiple whiteboards and chalkboards provide additional writing surfaces for multiple groups and styles.
Provide a Supportive Campus Environment
- Comfortable seating designed to give more space in the seat for students.
- LED lighting in the room is fully adjustable for giving presetnations or using the writing surfaces.
- Natural light from adjacent windows increases the comfortable nature of the room.
- Window shades are provided to ensure just the right amount of light is filtered into the room.
- Air exchange and automated temperature control provide a livable and comfortable environment.