IUC Science Library - Room 111 Renovations
IUC Science Library room 111 is the completion of a collection of classrooms in the Science Library area. Along with rooms 107, 108, and 110 that was completed in the previous two years, this room completes the quartet. Borrowed lighting was continued into this room with three large windows that really open the room up and feels more welcoming. As it is a larger classroom, fixed seating was used to ensure a comfortable and balanced configuration.
Encourage Active and Collaborative Learning
- Large tablet-arms to support laptops, notes, and other items.
- Improved acoustics through a dropped ceiling and distributed sound.
- Wireless presentation technologies allow instructors and students to wireless collaborate with the digital projector system.
Promote Student-Faculty Interactions
- Large center isle allows instructor to engage students.
- Portable instructor desk-podium designed to reduce barriers while still providing sufficient workspace for instructor laptop, notes, and other teaching tools.
- With the wireless presentation technologies the instructor is not anchored or tethered to one spot in the room, they are free to present from any location.
Enriching Educational Experiences
- Each seat has its own power outlet.
- Reliable wireless connectivity.
Provide a Supportive Campus Environment
- Comfortable seating designed to give more space in the seat for students.
- Borrowed lighting allows more natural sunlight to filter into the room increase the comfortable nature of the room.
- Improved air-handling to increase air flow and freshness.