Bailey Hall - Room 102 Renovations
Bailey Hall room 102 was chosen for two reasons; one, it was in poor condition and really needed to be updated, secondly, the large auditorium down the hall (Room 146) was being completed that summer as well. These two rooms comprise all the classrooms located in Bailey Hall (in addition to the many laboratories available). It was felt that combining these renovations would really improve the teaching and learning spaces in the area.
Encourage Active and Collaborative Learning
- Fully flexible furniture provides alternative configurations for many collaborative learning styles.
- Flexible tables provide plenty of writing space for student laptops, notes, or other materials.
- Improved acoustics through a dropped ceiling and distributed sound.
- Wireless presentation technologies allow instructors and students to wireless collaborate with the digital projector system.
Promote Student-Faculty Interactions
- Portable instructor desk-podium designed to reduce barriers while still providing sufficient workspace for instructor laptop, notes, and other teaching tools.
- With the wireless presentation technologies the instructor is not anchored or tethered to one spot in the room, they are free to present from any location.
Enriching Educational Experiences
- Each seat has its own power outlet provided when the table outlets are connected.
- Reliable wireless connectivity.
Provide a Supportive Campus Environment
- Comfortable seating designed to give more space in the seat for students.
- Natural lighting through accessible windows with appropriate shades for adjusting the brightness in the room.
- Improved air-handling to increase air flow and freshness.