Tilley Hall - Room T304 Renovations
Tilley Hall room T304 was identified as one of the poorest condition classrooms on campus. It was obvious that it needed to be updated as soon as possible. One of the challenges of this room was the long and narrow shape of the room. Maintaining sight-lines, but still allowing students and instructor interactions were the biggest goals.
Encourage Active and Collaborative Learning
- One of the great design features of this room is that every two rows are located on the same tier. This creates great sight-lines to the front of the class, but still allow students to turn around and interact in discussions.
- Large table surfaces gives students plenty of room for laptops, notes, and other items.
- Improved acoustics through a dropped ceiling.
- Fixed, tiered seating give great visibility to the instructor at the front of the class.
- Wide center aisle gives plenty of room for instructors and students to move about.
Enriching Educational Experiences
- Enhanced wireless capabilities in the room to provide a strong and reliable connection.
- Each seat has its own power outlet through a shared node.
- High-definition video projector and sound provide a crisp and clear experience.
Supportive Campus Environment
- Colour palate designed specifically to be conducive to a comfortable atmosphere.
- Comfortable seating, natural lighting through accessible windows, and new LED lighting that is controllable for maximum effect.
- UNB is committed to energy-efficiency and Tilley Hall has been recently retrofitted to meet this commitment.