Click on "What to do in an Emergency" above to find options for medical treatment outside of clinic hours.
Who can access Student Health?
- If you were full time last year and graduate in the spring 2015, you can still access through the summer, but make sure you get your name on a list for a community doctor
- If you have been accepted to UNB and enrolled in full time fall 2015 classes
- ELP and Shad Valley participants have access for a one-time fee of $10 for the term
- Full time students who opt out of the UNB Student Health Insurance Plan can still use the Student Health Centre.
The UNB Student Health Centre is committed to providing quality primary health care. Open year round to full-time UNB and STU students. We assess and manage a wide variety of medical problems. We know the
importance of wellness to a student's academic success and our goal is to help you keep interruptions to your studies to a minimum.
Our services are CONFIDENTIAL.
Bring to EVERY appointment:
- a valid Student ID card
- a valid Provincial Health Card or alternate health care coverage information
- International students must complete a health insurance claim form for every visit
UNB has a privately owned & operated pharmacy on campus, located inside the bookstore.
- WASH your hands with WARM & SOAPY water thoroughly and frequently.
- Use hand sanitizer (60 to 90% alcohol based) when you do not have access to wash your hands.
- If you are sick try to isolate yourself from others when possible to avoid spreading germs.
- Cough and sneeze into the bend of your arm, not your hand, to prevent spreading germs to others.
- Discard tissues into a waste basket.
- Clean and disinfect regularly using household cleaners, areas that are touched frequently such as keyboards, doorknobs, sink water tap handles, phones, desktop surfaces, etc.
- Get your flu shot, still available at the Student Health Centre.
- Keep your system strong: eat healthy foods, be physically active, get enough sleep, practice stress management techniques and refrain from smoking.