Services for Current Students and Alumni
Career Development and Employment Centre offers a wide range of services to current undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in a degree program and alumni to assist them in obtaining their employment goals. Services offered include:
- UNB Summer Employment Program - The UNB Summer Employment Program will provide UNBF students with employment opportunities related to your skills and education. Approved jobs aim to enhance your employment prospects upon completion of studies, while enabling you to finance the continuation of your education.
- YMCA International Student and Spouses Employment Services - The YMCA International Student and Spouses Employment Services will be an active partnership with Student Services to provide employment related assistance to graduating International Students and their spouses as well as International Student Alumni.
Online Job Bank - View posted positions for full-time, part-time, summer, internship, and volunteer employment opportunities for both on and off campus.
- UNB Alumni - you are able to login into the on-line job bank using your old student login (5 character alpha-numeric code) and password. If you have forgotten your login or password, please view the Alumni eServices page for help. If you require further assistance, please e-mail alumni @unb.ca.
- Work-Study Program - (Part-time, on-campus employment program during the academic year for current UNB students)
- Employment of Graduate Students Guidelines
- Career Fairs - Find out when upcoming fairs will be taking place and who is registered to attend.
- Employer Information Sessions - Check out the Calendar of Events to find out when employers will be on campus recruiting students.
- Workshops- Check out the Calendar of Events to find out when workshops will be offered on a variety of topics including Creating Dynamic Resumes and Cover Letters, Portfolio Development, Career Fair Preparation, Job Search Strategies & Networking, Interview Preparation, etc.
- One-On-One Consultation with a Career or Employment Advisor (Appointment required) - Meet one-on-one to help discover your career options, discuss your career planning, develop and improve your resume and cover letter, schedule a mock interview, learn about job search strategies, and interview tips, etc.
- Career Development Certificate - Career Development and Employment Centre proudly presents a cumulative certificate for your portfolio of accomplishments, or simply to add to your résumé. In the process you gain knowledge about career options and discover a suitable career path, as well you get your job search tools up-to-date and ready to go! You will gain the skills needed to complete your career and employment plan.
- Employment Toolbox - Access Webinars (online presentations), Job Search Tutorial, and Other External Resources.
- The Summer Institute - If you are interested in making your own job and starting a business, the Summer Institute provides funding and training to do so. Apply online to participate in the program which runs May-August. You can get up to $10,000 funding to meet your business milestones and test-drive entrepreneurship.
- Career Connections - Planning your career takes time, but the rewards are great. By basing your plans on what you like to do and what matters to you, you'll greatly improve your chances of finding the career you want.
- Career Cruising - Career Cruising is an interactive online career development tool to help you get quick access to career information. Please contact the Career Development and Employment centre for the username and password by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My World Abroad - Global Career Skills and Information - My World Abroad – Interested in going abroad to study, volunteer, intern, teach or work? Visit the My World Abroad site for expert advice and resources to help you explore the world! Learn about other students success stories and be inspired by the thousands of international opportunities available to you. Log in to access the UNB My World Abroad link.
- Global Learning and Engagement Department Student Exchange Programs - The Student Abroad Program gives you the opportunity to obtain international experience while completing your UNB degree
- UNB Summer Residence - Students can enjoy the independence, convenience and flexibility of staying on campus from May 1st to August 21st with no monthly internet or electric bills, and without the hassle of long-term lease commitments, while working on or off campus during the summer.
NOTE: Co-Operative Education placements are administered by the individual faculties.
Join us on Facebook at UNB Career Development & Employment Centre
Career Development and Employment Centre has taken great care in preparing the information contained in this website, but can not guarantee its accuracy. Moreover, we can not guarantee the accuracy of the information contained in the various link sites, as the owners of those sites, alone, are responsible for verifying the accuracy of their information. Anyone using the information obtained from or through this website shall do so at his or her own risk and shall be deemed to have waived and released Career Development and Employment Centre and University of New Brunswick from any and all causes of action at law or in equity, rights and claims or damages or other relief as a result of such use.