Who is my Academic Advisor?
All undergraduate students at the University of New Brunswick (Fredericton) are assigned an academic advisor who has expertise in your academic program of study. If you have a question about your program, experience difficulty as a student, or want to discuss individual, academic, and career goals, then you should meet with your Academic Advisor.
As a student, one of your responsibilities is to schedule appointments and consult with your advisor whenever necessary. You shouldn’t hesitate to ask for assistance, to get a second opinion, or to discuss plans for your future. Your advisor is there to support you in establishing goals and objectives for your education and career, while helping you monitor your program progress.
To find your advisor in this directory, choose your faculty or unit from the list below. A list of advisors in that unit will appear; you can click on an advisor’s name to find more information such as an email address, phone number, and office location. If you need additional assistance that isn't offered by your advisor, consult with Student Services—they care about your success, too.
When contacting your advisor, it is important to include the following information:
- Student number
- Program details and status – Are you a first year concurrent student, a transfer student, a new applicant, etc.?
- A brief explanation of why you are contacting your advisor at this time, or the question(s) you have.
This is not a definitive list of things you may want to include or have ready when contacting or meeting with your advisor. Use your judgment when providing information—if it seems relevant, it likely is.
Notice an error in the Directory? Report it here.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business Administration
- College of Extended Learning (CEL)
- Faculty of Computer Science
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Kinesiology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Nursing
- Renaissance College (RC)
- Faculty of Science
- Mi’Kmaq-Wolastoqey Centre (formerly Mi'Kmaq-Maliseet Institute)
- Program for Academic English Preparation (PAEP/ELP)
- Registrar & Admissions