Maryse Pelletier-Hibbert, BN, MN, PhD
Phone: (506) 458-7760
Fax: (506) 453-4519
- PhD 2012 McGill University School of Nursing
- MN, (1991) Dalhousie University
- BN, (1981) University of New Brunswick
Key area(s) of interest/expertise:
- Family members of individuals with kidney failure
Classroom/clinical teaching summary
I teach the research course to undergraduate students, and teach clinical to 3rd year student on surgical unit.
Research, grants & publications summary
- Canadian Prevention and End Point randomized control study for patients with stage 3 chronic kidney disease. Funded by CIHR (1.5 million 2003-2008). Co-Investigator with 7 nephrologists and 3 nurses, Dr A. Molzahn, M. Pelletier-Hibbert, Dr R. Starzomski, and D. Gaudet.
- The experiences of patients living with chronic kidney disease, a qualitative study and co-investigator with 3 other nurses Dr A. Molzahn, M. Pelletier-Hibbert, Dr R. Starzomski, and D. Gaudet.
- The process of adjusting to chronic kidney disease: The family’s perspective. I am P.I for this study along with three other nurses.
Professional practice, committees, volunteer work summary
Chair: Allied Health Research Committee Member of the Kidney Foundation of Canada