WSTC provides an Innovation Assistance Service to incorporated small to medium size (500 employees or less) Canadian companies on matters relating to wood products. Through the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program's (NRC-IRAP) network member agreement, this service gives access to WSTC staff or associates on specific industrial research projects.
The Wood Science and Technology Centre at UNB is committed to helping wood products manufacturers remain competitive. Numerous Canadian firms have been assisted in meeting demanding global markets with innovative technologies and quality products. The WSTC team is comprised of wood technologist, biologists, chemists, timber engineers, and specialists in wood processing and composite panels. They also capitalize on the availability of an international network of experts, specialized laboratory equipment and excellent library services to assist with industrial issues.
Some of the activities undertaken are:
- On-site trouble-shooting of manufacturing processes
- Literature search
- Technology search and review
- Selection of equipment
- Assisting with preparation of technical research methodologies and work plans for developing new innovative projects
- Preliminary market research
- Technical training of company staff and presenting seminar on specific technical issues of interest to the industry.
Service to qualified companies, group of companies or a trade association is initiated by the company or association. If interested in availing this program, please follow the procedures below:
- A phone call, email or fax to WSTC or local IRAP Industrial Technology Advisor (ITA) to discuss problem of issue is required.
- WSTC will submit the proposed work plan to IRAP for approval.
- WSTC reports to client in confidence and informs IRAP of work performed.
- IRAP reimburses WSTC for eligible expenses.
For more information contact your local IRAP ITA or the following WSTC representative:
Jerry Viel, BSF
Office Phone: (506) 453-4507
Celphone: (506) 461-9528