News and Events
CBEC receives funding to enhance biofuel research and development capabilities, Press Release
The UNB Wood Science and Technology Centre (WSTC) and Canadian BioEnergy Centre (CBEC) recently assembled and organized a large number of industry standards from North America and Europe which are now housed in a Standards Library on site. With this, WSTC and CBEC will now be able to offer technical information to New Brunswick companies and Government agencies on region/country specific standard requirements for many wood based products, biomass energy products, and their production, testing and use. Please call Jerry Viel (506-452-6132) or Michael Albright (506-447-0349) to arrange an appointment to discuss your requirements.
Seminar on Implementing Digital Technologies in the Wood Industry, Fredericton, NB, Feb. 12-13, 2013 [click here to see the presentations]
New Brunswick Wood Pellet Workshop held on May 25, 2011 at the Hampton Inn in Moncton, New Brunswick. The goals of the workshop were to:
- Understand the current state of the wood pellet industry in New Brunswick from the supply and demand side.
- Understand the benefits and problems associated with biomass heating facilities.
- Understand the barriers to the development of an internal industry to supply heat from biomass in commercial and institutional buildings.
- Identify actions that can be taken by the industry and policy makers to address barriers to heating with biomass.
Workshop presentations: (click the title to access a PDF copy of each presentation)
- The health effects of wood smoke: Policy goals to reduce the impact of wood burning
- Government of New Brunswick and the Pellet Industry: Presentation to Industry Stakeholders
- Co-firing in a coal plant
- Go Pellets Canada!
- Building a pellet industry chain in Atlantic Canada
- Wood pellet association of Canada
- DNR seedling production unit at Kingsclear nursery
- New Brunswick federation of woodlot owners: Shaping the pellet industry in NB
- Wood biomass for energy production: possibilities fro NB
- Building energy audits: recommending the use of pellet boiler systems as an energy saving measure
- Shaping the pellet industry in New Brunswick: An environmental perspective
- Shaping the pellet industry in NB
- Wood pellets for provincially owned and operated buildings
- Regional differences in the energy values of agricultural residues in NB
- Energy efficiency programs and incentives
- Residential fuel wood combustion emissions from woodstoves and pellet stoves in NB.