The Faculty of Forestry and Environmental Management is one of the leading natural resources research centres in Canada. We are home to more than 40 active researchers and 80 graduate students. Our research partners include federal and provincial governments; the Canadian Space Agency, and the forest products industry.
We have particular strength in the areas of soils and watershed management, forest biology and genetics, forest management, fish and wildlife ecology, wood science and technology and the natural resource social sciences.
Follow these links to discover the many ways our faculty members and graduate students are creating new knowledge about our environment and how we can sustain it.
- Wet area mapping development
- UNB team getting the bugs out
- Increased use of wood in tall buildings
- UNB study changing forest carbon accounting
- Innovative wood products and building systems
- Collaborative research partnership for sustainable forest management (CURA)
- New Brunswick Climate Change Research Collaborative
- Atlantic Laboratory for Avian Research