Asbestos Management at UNB Fredericton
The University of New Brunswick Fredericton campus has implemented several new initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of its Asbestos Management Plan, to improve overall awareness of asbestos on campus, and to ensure that students, staff and faculty are working in a safe environment. We have provided the following information to help you understand the facts about asbestos and the status of the program at UNB Fredericton.
To read in detail about our asbestos management program on campus please refer to Asbestos Management Program - UNB Fredericton
UNBF Asbestos Steering Committee
At the recommendation of the Worksafe NB (WHSCC) the UNBF Asbestos Steering Committee was formed during the summer of 2006 and held its first meeting on July 26, 2006. Its sole responsibility is to monitor the university's activities related to the identification and management of asbestos materials located on the Fredericton campus. Its members meet quarterly to discuss health and safety workplace issues relating to asbestos.
To monitor the university's activities related to the identification and management of health and safety issues related to asbestos materials located on the campus.
- Ian Allen, Committee Chair 453-4854 (Email)
- Wayne Braye, Asbestos Coordinator 451-6856 (Email)
- Robert Randall 453-4889 (Email)
- Trevor Gonnason 458-7831 (Email)
- Tom Gilmore 453-5169 (Email)
- Andrew Baird 453-4889 (Email)
- Bruce Good 452-6100 (Email)
- Carol Anne Booker, Recording Secretary (Email)
For further information on the committee please see: Terms of Reference
Click here to read the UNBF Asbestos Steering Committee Report for 2014 & 2015.
Questions about Asbestos at UNBF?
We have provided the following information to help you understand the facts about asbestos and the status of the program at UNB Fredericton.
- What is asbestos?
- Why can asbestos be a problem?
- What kinds of materials could contain asbestos?
- What is UNB doing to manage asbestos?
- Who can answer my questions about asbestos?
- Why are we talking about asbestos at UNB?
- Do other universities and institutions have to deal with asbestos containing materials?
- How do we know where asbestos containing materials are located at the university?
- What is UNB doing to ensure that staff and students are not exposed to friable asbestos?
- How are people exposed to asbestos?
- What determines the amount of exposure to asbestos?
- What are the effects of exposure to asbestos?
- Is UNB a safe place to work and study?
- What is UNB doing about asbestos on the Fredericton campus?