Information for New Students
The next steps after receiving acceptance package!
1. Activate your UNB eServices as explained in your acceptance package. You can activate your eServices as soon as you get your acceptance letter. You will need your student number and login ID for activation, which was supplied with your acceptance package. For privacy reasons, UNB administrators and instructors communicating with students by email must do so through UNB email addresses. If you activate your account you can view your timetable and get access to important notices from the university over the summer.
2. Response to Offer Admission form and deposit must be returned to confirm your spot. This form was in your acceptance package. It takes approximately ten days to process your deposit. You can check your eServices to see if your deposit has been received. If you have any questions about your deposit please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (506) 453-4624The form and deposit is to be returned to:
PO Box 4400
Fredericton, NB E3B 5A3
3. If you receive a scholarship from UNB, you must return your deposit and Response to Offer Admission form to confirm your scholarship. Check with Awards office for deadlines.
If you have questions about scholarships, contact the Awards Office.
4. For the next step please click on the link that pertains to you.
- International Students
- Students coming straight from High School (Canadian). Find out about our UNBetween Camp for first year students.
- Students Transferring from other institutions or programs (Canadian).
5. SOAR – May 27th(only date for Engineering)
- This is a campus wide event for students and parents. In Engineering students will be able to meet briefly with academic advisors, find out where classes are and tour the campus. Parents will be able to meet with university officials to have questions answered. Attendance is not mandatory but we do recommend attending. First year Engineering students are automatically registered for first term, so there is no registration of classes for this event.
- To attend please email email@example.com or call 506-453-4570 and give your name, student number and the program you applied for. It begins at 8:30am at the Student Union Building.
- For information on accomodations during SOAR please click here
- Check in day for residences will be September 2nd. Please check back for more information as it comes available.
Other Information for New Students
- It is not necessary to buy a computer or laptop for university but if you wonder what is recommended contact the Computer Sales Center at UNB’s campus bookstore.
- If you don’t have a computer, don’t worry!! There are computer labs on campus and laptops can be signed out when in the libraries.
- The Mathematics & Statistics Department hold a Pre-calculus Workshop just before school starts in the fall. For information please click here.
Room assignments for Fall will be posted on your UNB eservices in July.
- Questions about residence please go to Residential Life
- Students have to attend class to find out what textbooks are needed. There is no list available before classes start.