A head start
The Faculty of Engineering is bringing back its successful transition-to-university camp this summer: UNBetween is an opportunity for you to:
- experience the university setting early by staying on campus in residence
- attend real primer classes and laboratories in chemistry, mathematics, physics and computer science
- learn more about the various engineering disciplines
- engage with student societies (ex. Engineers Without Borders)
- improve your test-writing, note-taking, study and time-management skills
- become aware of the various student support systems and people on campus
- meet new classmates and share in some scheduled fun
It will be a typical week for our engineering students, with added social events to balance out the experience. Students will have to complete assignments, labs and by the end of the week take tests in each subject. The program learning outcomes have been designed by our education specialists and our best instructors will be providing the lectures on key subject matter.
At the end of the camp you will receive a personalized assessment of your learning strengths and guidance on where to seek help if ever required. Studies at other universities have shown that these transition camps greatly improve student performance in first year and beyond.
The particulars of UNBetween:
Eligibility: open to all first-year engineering students that are coming straight from high school on a first-come, first-served basis.
Dates: July 16-22 and August 13-19
Cost: $700 (which includes meals, accommodations, program study materials and all taxes); group excursions are optional and at extra cost. Deposit of $200 is required to hold spot.
Space: LIMITED (maximum 30)
Registration: For 2017 registration go to:
For August https://unbetween-august-2017.eventbrite.ca