B.Eng., M.A.Sc., Ph.D. (McMaster)
Tel: (506) 458-7515
Fax: (506) 453-5025
- Experimental Fluid Mechanics
- Flow Induced Vibration and Noise
- Shear Flows
- Flow Control
- Coherent Structures
- Energy Systems
- Namgyal, L., Hall, J.W., 2016, "Reynolds Stress Distribution and Turbulent Secondary Flow in the Three-Dimensional Wall Jet", Journal of Fluid Mechanics. In press. Accepted May 20, 2016.
- Poole, B.J., Hall, J.W., 2016, "Turbulence Measurements in a Corner Wall Jet," ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering. 138(8):081204-081204-8. doi: 10.1115/1.4033032.
- Arabi, A., Hall, J.W., Richard, P., Wilkins, S., Mastikhin, I., 2014, "MR relaxometry in the vertical bubbly flow at a low magnetic field (0.2 T)," Journal of Magnetic Resonance, December 2014. pp. 16-23. doi:10.1016/j.jmr.2014.10.001.
- Wilkins, S.J., Hall, J.W., 2014, "Experimental Investigation of a Tandem Cylinder System with a Yawed Upstream Cylinder", Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 136(1)
- Wilkins, S.J., Hogan, J.D., Hall, J.W., 2013, "Vortex-shedding in a tandem circular cylinder system with a yawed downstream cylinder," Journal of Fluids Engineering, 135(7):071202, 7 pages.
- Namgyal, L., Hall, J.W., 2013, "Coherent streamwise vortex structures in a near-field of the three-dimensional wall jet", Journal of Fluids Engineering, 135(6): 061204, 7 pages.
- Hogan, J.D. and Hall, J.W., 2011, "An Experimental Study of the Pressure Fluctuations from Yawed Circular Cylinders", AIAA Journal. 49(11): 2349-2356.
- Hogan, J.D. and Hall, J.W., 2010, "The spanwise dependence of vortex-shedding from yawed circular cylinders", Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 132(3):031301, 5 pages.
- Gerber, A., Mohammed, K., Bettle, M. and Hall, J.W., 2010 "Optimization Study of Large Scale Low-Grade Energy Recovery from Conventional Rankine Cycle Power Plants", International Journal of Energy Research. DOI:10.1002/er.1629. 17 pages.
- Hall, J.W., and Ewing, D., 2010, "Spectral Linear Stochastic Estimation of the Turbulent Velocity in a Square Three-Dimensional Wall Jet." Journal of Fluids Engineering. 132:051203, 9 pages.