Juan A. Carretero
BEng (Nacional University of Mexico), MASc, PhD (University of Victoria)
Tel: (506) 458-7454
Fax: (506) 453-5025
Reduced degree-of-freedom parallel manipulators
Computer simulation of mechanical systems
- Contact dynamics
- Robot path planning
- Tool path planning
Optimization in design
- Mechanisms design and analysis
Books / Book Chapters:
- J.K. Pickard, J.A. Carretero, and J.-P. Merlet. Advances in Robot Kinematics, chapter Analysis methods for the 3-RRR with uncertainties in the design parameters, page 8. Springer, 2016.
- M.A. Díaz Rodríguez, J.A. Carretero, and R. Bautista Quintero. New Trends in Mechanism and Machine Science: From Fundamentals to Industrial Applications, volume 24 of Mechanisms and Machine Science, chapter Computing the Dynamic Equations of a 3-PRS Parallel Manipulator, pages 325–333. Springer, Guimarães, Portugal, 2015.
- M.J.D. Hayes, R.Boudreau, J.A. Carretero, and R.P. Podhorodeski. Technology Developments: the Role of Mechanism and Machine Science and IFToMM, chapter Contributions to the Promotion of Mechanism and Machine Science by the IFToMM Canadian Community (CCToMM), pages 257–264. Springer, June 9, 2010.
- M. Ruggiu and J. A. Carretero. Actuation strategy based on the acceleration model for the 3-PRPR redundant planar parallel manipulator. In J. Lenarˇcicˇ and M. M. Staniši´c, editors, Advances in Robot Kinematics: Motion in Man and Machine, pages 91–98, Piran-Portorož, Slovenia, June 16 2010. IFToMM.
- J.K. Picard, J.A. Carretero, and V.C. Bhavsar. On the convergence and origin bias of the teaching-learning-based-optimization algorithm. Applied Soft Computing, 46:115-127, September 2016.
- G.D. Watt, A.R. Roy, J. Currie, C. Gillis, J. Giesbracht, G. Heard, N. Birsan, M. Seto, J.A. Carretero, R. Dubay, and T. Jeans. A concept for docking a UUV with a slowly moving submarine under waves, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 41(2):471-498, April 2016.
- J.K. Pickard and J.A. Carretero. An interval analysis method for wrench workspace determination of parallel manipulator architectures. Transactions of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering, 40(2):139–154, 2016.
- M. Díaz Rodríguez, J.A. Carretero, and R. Bautista Quintero. Solving the dynamic equations of a 3-PRS parallel manipulator for efficient model-based designs. Mechanical Sciences, 7(1):9–17, 2016.
- G. Sun, S. Yao, and J.A. Carretero. An experimental approach to understanding design problem structuring strategies. Journal of Design Research, 14(1):94–117, 2016.
- S.S. Parsa, R. Boudreau, and J.A. Carretero. Reconfigurable mass parameters to cross direct kinematic singularities in parallel manipulators. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 85(1):53–63, September 2015.
- G. Sun, S. Yao, and J. A. Carretero. Comparing cognitive efficiency of experienced and inexperienced designers in conceptual design processes. Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making, 8(4):330–351, December 2014.
- J. Currie, C. Gillis, J. A. Carretero, R. Dubay, T. Jeans, and G. D. Watt. Dynamics of two active autonomous dock mechanisms for AUV recovery. Transactions of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering, 38(2):213–2014, 2014.
- S. S. Parsa, J. A. Carretero, and R. Boudreau. Internal redundancy: An approach to improve the dynamic parameters around sharp corners. Mechanical Sciences, 4(1):233–242, 12 2013. Recent Advances in Multibody Dynamics.
- S. Salah, A. Rahim, and J. A. Carretero. Total company-wide management system: its components. International Journal of Business Excellence, 6(2):161–191, April 2013.