- On the Optimality of Partial Tender Offers, (with Elif Dalkir) Journal of Economic Theory. Vol. 151, pp. 561-570, May 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jet.2013.12.010
- Spurious correlation under fractional integration in output series, Economics Letters, vol. 107, issue 2, pp. 165-168, May 2010.
- Revisiting stock market index correlations, Finance Research Letters, vol.6, issue 1, pp. 23-33, March 2009.
- Gains from Synchronization, (with William A. Barnett) Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics. Vol. 11, issue 1, March 2007. http://www.bepress.com/snde/vol11/iss1/art2/
- A new approach to causality in the frequency domain, Economics Bulletin, Vol. 3 no. 44 pp.1-14, November 2004. http://economicsbulletin.vanderbilt.edu/2004/volume3/EB-04C40008A.pdf
- Inter-provincial and International Trade Issues to be Considered for an Agenda of Self-Sufficiency, in Sustainable Progress or Self-Sufficiency for NB, edited by J. Ruggeri, Imaging Services (UNB), pp.91-96.
Work in Progress
- Spurious Granger Causality under Fractional Integration
- Worsening Wealth Distribution: an Analysis from the viewpoint of the mainstream economic theory.
- What do we have if we do not have stationarity and ergodicity?
Freeze-out Mergers (with E. Dalkir)
- Waiting lists for medical care in New Brunswick,” with Michael G. Farnworth (Department of Economics, UNB).
- "Distribution of Wealth, Redistribution, and Economic Growth," presented at the Canadian Economic Association meeting in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, June 2017.
- "Spurious Granger Causality under Fractional Integration," presented at the Canadian Economic Association meeting in Ottawa, June 2016.
- "Freeze-outs fail to remove the free-rider effect in corporate take-overs," with ElifDalkir (UNB), presented at the 2013 IABPAD Conference, Istanbul, July 2013.
- "A Consideration of Correlation between Simple-Sum Aggregates," with Elif Dalkir (UNB), presented at the Canadian Economics Association meeting in Calgary, June 2012.
- "General Topology of Asset Markets and Bubbles and a Proposed Index," presented at the Atlantic Canadian Economics Association meeting in Charlottetown, October 2011.
- "Inflation versus Price Control from the Stochastic Control Perspective," (with Elif Dalkir), presented at the Canadian Economic Association meeting in Ottawa, June 2011.
- "Why partial tender offers are suboptimal?" (with Elif Dalkir) presented at the Canadian Economic Association meeting in Toronto, May 2009.
- "Is NAFTA Sustainable?" (with W. Yu) presented at the Canadian Economic Association Meeting in Vancouver, June 2008.
- "Revisiting stock market index correlations," presented at the International Economics Association Conference, Istanbul, June 2008, Canadian Economic Association meeting in Vancouver, June 2008, and the Atlantic Canadian Economic Association Meeting, Antigonish, September 2007.
- "Inter-provincial and international trade issues to be considered for an agenda of selfsufficiency," Sustainable Progress or Self-Sufficiency for NB conference, Policy Studies Centre, UNBF, November 2007.
- “Learning with periodic signals,” presented at the Canadian Economic Association Meeting, Halifax, June 2, 2007.
- “Tracking the output correlations: Are we on the right track?” Canadian Economic Association Conference, Concordia University, Montreal, May 26-28, 2006.
- “Gains from Synchronization,” Midwest Economic Theory Conference, University of Kansas, October 16-18, 2005.
- “A new approach to causality in the frequency domain: it depends upon what you are looking at,” Midwest Economic Association Meeting, Marriott Hotel, Chicago, March 18-20, 2003.
Grants & Funding
- Oxford University Press Funding 2017.
- University of New Brunswick Research Funding 2012.
- University of New Brunswick research funding, 2005.
- ECON 1013. Introduction to Economics: Micro
- ECON 1023. Introduction to Economics: Macro
- ECON 3013. Economic Theory I: Micro
- ECON 3023. Economic Theory I: Macro
- ECON 3103. Money and Banking
- ECON 3412 International Economics: Finance
- ECON 6013. Topics in Microeconomic Theory
- ECON 6023. Topic in Macroeconomics
- ECON 6285. Public Policy Research
- ECON 6625. Econometrics II
- MA Econ - Liu, Yunlu, ``Can Distribution Services Cost Explains Home Bias?'' presented April 2016.
- MA Econ - Huang, Fei, ``International trade and the border effect between Canada and United States''. Presented September 2015.
- MA Econ - Deepak Dial, "The Impact of Free Trade Agreements on Canada's Bilateral Trade: With a Subset of the G7 Countries", Passed September 2012.
- MA Econ - Mguiss, Mohamed, "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investments in Canada", Passed May 2012.
- MA Econ - Bucumi, Andre, "Determinants of Growth in Atlantic Canada: A County-Level Panel Data Approach Within the Augmented Solow Model Framework", Passed May 2012.
- MA Econ - Ivus, Maryna, "How Did NAFTA Affect United States Exports to Canada: New Versus Existing Products", Passed Sept. 2011.
- MA Econ - Kang, Fan, "A Cointegration Approach to the Impact of Government Debt on the Interest Rates: the OECD Case". Passed August 2009.
- MS Econ - Li, Yuanhao, "An Empricial Test for the Purchasing Power Parity for Asian Countries". Passed December 2008.
- MA Econ - Agboola, Tope, "Canadian Equity Premium Puzzles: A Resolution Evidence from the Toronto Stock Exchange". Passed August 2007.
- MA Econ - Pang, Zhitun (Andy), "The Contribution of Social Cohesion to Economic Growth: East Asian Evidence". Passed June 2007
- MA Econ - Agyin, Adwoa, "Progress of Output Correlations: A Comparative Study for G-7, Developing Asia, and the Western Hemisphere". Passed May 2006.
- FNBFA Executive Member-at-LArge (2015-2017)
- AUNBT-UNB Joint Economic Adjustment Committee (2015-2016)
- Acting Chair (2014-2015)
- Member of the Department Graduate Committee
- Faculty of Arts Awards Committee Convener
- Member of the Executive Board of the Atlantic Canada Economic Association (2007-2010)
Office: 468 Singer Hall
Phone: (506) 453-4858