Honorary Research Professor
- "Declining Labour Share in the Unitied States and Canada", by Olga Kozun, May 2015.
- "Property Tax Regressivity, Property Tax Relief Programs, Across Provinces in Canada", by Yan Chu, April 2009.
- "Determinants of Private and Public Health Spending in Canada", by Ying Qi, January 2006.
- "Does the Value of Live Differ Across Provinces?" by Wei Li, August 2003.
- "An Update: Irregularities in NASIMCO's Finances (Part II)" (2016 A)
- "An Update: Irregularities in NASIMCO's Finances (Part I)" (2016 B)
- "Irregularities in NASIMCO's Finances "(2012)
- "Savings in Atlantic Canada: 1981-2015", (with Jackson Doughart), Atlantic Institute for Market Studies, May, 31 pages
- "Declining Equalization Payments and Fiscal Challenges in the Small 'Have Not' Provinces" (with B. Eisen and S. Fantauzzo), the Atlantic Institute for Market Studies (AIMS) and the Frontier Centre for Public Policy, November 2014.
- "Climate Change Plans for Canada: a Full Cost-Benefit Framework for Evaluating Options at the Provincial Level" (with Van Lantz), Canadian Journal of Regional Science, vol. 28, no. 1, Spring 2005, pp. 1-18.
- "Could Do Better: Grading Atlantic Canada's Provincial Finances, for the Atlantic Institute for Market Studies, February 2005.
- "Grading Atlantic Canada's 2004/05 Provincial Finances: Data Calculations and Sources of Data", for the Atlantic Institute for Market Studies, February 2005, available on AIMS's web site www.aims.ca .
- "Following the Money Trail: Figuring Out How Large Subsidies Really are in Atlantic Canada", Atlantic Institute for Market Studies (AIMS), March 2001, 9 pages. A summary article of this study, "Atlantic Business Still Depends on Subsidies", was published by the National Post, March 15, 2002.
Other Articles or Studies
- "Private Sector Investment in Atlantic Canada" (with Jackson Doughart), Atlantic Institute for Market Studies, November 2016, 36 pages
- "New Brunswick's Debt and Deficit: A Historical Look (with Shaun Fantauzzo), The Atlantic Institute for Market Studies, May 2014.
- "Let's Support Family Income Splitting", National Citizens Review, 2014, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 6-7.
- "Will Jim Flaherty Return to His Conservative Roots?", National Citizens Review, Spring 2013, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 6-7.
- "Moving the OAS Age Requirement to 67", National Citizens Review, Summer 2012, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp 10-11.
- "High Provincial Deficits? an Atlantic Perspective", Autumn, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 8-9.
- "Effect of Reducing the HST Rate by Two Percentage Points on Average Households: The Case for Ontario and British Columbia", The Frontier Centre for Public Policy, Policy Series No. 111, July 2011.
- "Reducing the Size and Cost of Federal Government in Canada: A Constitutional Approach", The Canadian Centre for Policy Studies, June 2011.
- "Tax Effects on Households, by Income Quintiles, Upon Implementation of the HST Tax: the case of Ontario and British Columbia", The Canadian Centre for Policy Studies, www.ccps.ca (electronic publication), August, 2010.
- "HST Hits Middle-Class Families", The Taxpayer, The Canadian Taxpayers Federation, August 2010, pp. 14-16.
- "Why is CIDA Funding Domestic Advocacy Groups?", The Canadian Centre for Policy Studies, www.ccps.ca, (electronic publication), February, 2010.
Work in Progress
- Currently revising a paper, researching the ratio of fundraising costs to charity receipts, across size of universities, and over time, in Canada (with Alan Chan). Preliminary work was read at the Canada Economics Association meetings in Toronto in June, 2015.
- Currently writing a paper, with Jackson Doughary and Marco Navarro-Genie, "The Growing Property Tax Rates in the Maritimes", for the Atlantic Institute for Market Studies, 2017.
- Currently researching, with Herb Emery of this Department, "The Structurally Weak Growth in Net Capital In the Maritimes", 2017.
Honorary Research Professor
Office: 463 Singer Hall
Phone: (506) 447-3207