About the Faculty of Arts
- 28 undergraduate degree programs in humanities, languages, and social sciences
- 11 graduate degree programs in humanities and social sciences
- BA concentration in a single area or a multi-disciplinary combination
- opportunity to complement Arts interests with a variety of programs outside Arts
- Bachelor of Applied Arts (with the New Brunswick College of Craft and Design)
- Bachelor of Arts and Science
- concurrent degree programs in collaboration with Science and with Computer Science
- a learning environment shaped by a rich and varied research agenda
- travel study programs to destinations in Europe, Asia and North America
- opportunities to study abroad
Welcome to the website of the Faculty of Arts!
As Dean of the Faculty, I’m proud of all my colleagues and friends whose work makes UNBF Arts a very special place to study.
Placed at the heart of a comprehensive, national university, we are committed to quality teaching and first-class research.
We are large enough to offer a fascinating breadth and depth of academic opportunities, and we are small enough to allow each student to have direct access to professors.
Since all but two of our departments offer both undergraduate and graduate degrees, we enjoy the interaction of faculty and staff with students at many academic levels.
And at every level, our advisors aim to provide complete information and expert guidance to assist students in their academic progress.
It’s my sincere hope that you will find in these pages the very thing for which you are looking. Welcome to the ARTS experience!
James S. Murray
Dean of the Faculty of Arts