Internship Descriptions (2011-2014)
We are pleased to announce the UNB / Malawi International Internship Program has been extended to 2014. This 3 year program will enable UNB and AUCC to send a minimum of 6 interns a year to Malawi. Under this program, our partners include:
- Mzuzu University, Mzuzu, Malawi: 2007- present
- Kauma Village: Lilongwe Youth Organization and the Active Youth Organization: 2010 to present
- Guidance Counseling and Youth Development Centre for Africa: 2010 to present
We will be again focusing on Youth Development in the areas of Post-Secondary Education, Natural Resource Management (Land & Water), Health, Gender Equality and Good Governance for community based Youth NGOs.
The program criteria will remain the same. All interns must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled at UNB as a returning student in any faculty or department
- Can tribute to one or more of our program objectives
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Be under the age of 30 before the departure date
- Be available to participate in the whole program and be in Malawi from June 1 to August 30 of any year.
For more information on our available internships or program information, contact Veronica McGinn, Project Coordinator or click on the host organization for the position descriptions. For more information on the overall program see the Programs and Scholarship section of the AUCC website.