What you need to know before applying
- Whether you meet the eligibility requirements
- Which category you fall under: Working Holiday, Young Professional or International Co-op (Internship)
- Where you'd like to go and why
- How to apply, where to get application forms, and what documents to provide with your application
- Processing times vary depending on the Canadian visa office where you submitted your application
- What you should do after you apply for a work permit
- What to expect and what to prepare for when you arrive in your destination
Note: You'll need a work permit (picture) and your passport. You can't work anywhere internationally without a work permit.
How to apply
Once you've determined if you're eligible, complete an application through Citizenship and Immigration.
Overview of the application process:
- Choose type of candidate
- Complete your IEC profile
- Submit your profile
Once this is done you will be placed into a pool and wait for invitations and then you will accept invitations and apply for a work permit.