International Experience Canada 

International Experience Canada (IEC) provides young individuals the opportunity to travel and work in Canada. IEC is available in countries and territories that have a bilateral youth mobility agreement with Canada. If your country of citizenship does not have an agreement with Canada, you may be able to use a Recognized Organization to come to Canada under IEC.

UNB has recently applied for and has been awarded status as a Recognized Organization.

Undergraduate outgoing students must apply under the International Experience Canada Program to conduct paid or unpaid research on campus. Students under the Mitacs Globalink Program will work through Mitacs to obtain a work permit. UNB Supervisors are not responsible for this process.

Our students

“The world is a book and those who do not travel only read one page.” - Augustine of Hippo

Work and travel abroad

If you are a Canadian aged 18-35, you may be eligible for International Experience Canada. Choose from one of three categories: Working Holiday, Young Professional or International Co-op (Internship).

Travelling and working in a foreign country broadens your perspective of the world. It gives you the opportunity to:

  • experience different cultures, 
  • learn new languages, and 
  • meet people from all walks of life.

If you've never traveled abroad, you are really missing out on an opportunity of a lifetime. There is only so much you can learn from books and lectures, and you can only truly gain a global perspecitve by traveling and exploring new places. There are very many different destinations to choose from so think about the one that interests you the most.

Apply now

To learn more

For more information on the International Experience Canada program, email us or contact Veronica McGinn, International Development Coordinator.

International Experience Canada