French Intermediate Level 2
This course is a continuation of French Intermediate Level 1, and will consist of authentic communicative use of the language in a comfortable, interactive environment. In this course, the participants will improve their vocabulary and their grammatical knowledge through discussions, writing exercises and active games. This course will focus on the common errors that learning a second language usually brings thus insuring progress in their next level of competence in French.
The participants need to have:
- A basic understanding of the structure of the French language (the syntax such as placement of the adverbs, adjectives in a sentence…)
- A basic knowledge of the verb in its different forms or tenses (présent, futur et passé)
- Participants need to be comfortable with the French language as no English will be spoken in class.
The participants will add to their basics skills by :
- Reviewing most familiar verbs in all the different tenses and mastering some
- Introduction to irregular verbs and more complex tenses (conditionel présent et passé, subjonctif présent et passé)
- Enriching their vocabulary (explorer les phrases idiomatiques)
- Exploring a variety of grammatical notions in context (rules, tips)
- Using the negation
- Expressing emotions or an opinion
- Correcting their own errors (students will be getting frequent personal feedback)
How do you know where to start? We outlined all our classes and compared them to the official language levels. Click this link to discover exactly what each class covers and decide where you fit in.
Materials required: Notebook, lesson plans will be delivered by the instructor.
Instructor: Joseph Théophile Gagnon
Dates: (FALL) Tuesdays, November 7 - December 12, 2017 (6 weeks)
(WINTER) Tuesdays, March 13 - April 17, 2018 (6 weeks)
Location: Saint John Social Enterprise Hub, 139 Prince Edward St, Room: TBA
Course fee: $160 (no HST)
About the Instructor: Théo Gagnon B.A., M.A.
Having retired from the public service, Théo went into teaching French as a second language and has been teaching both part-time & full-time for the past 20 years. He has been associated with International, National and Provincial language schools where he benefitted from their training and programs.
His students have been members of the Canadian Government, various professionals, new Canadians, and others from all walks of life. Théo has taught every level of French language needs from beginner to advanced.
Théo is a dedicated teacher who believes that the success of his students is the most important aspect of his teaching. Seeing his students succeed brings tremendous pride and satisfaction to his work.
Need help with the registration process? Watch the video below.
For more information
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (506) 648-5962
Click here for more information about inclement weather policies, parking regulations and payment options.