D.I.Y. Handy-Woman Level 2
Tile Setting- Learn to install a kitchen back-splash
• Use of tile cutting tools including a wet saw.
• Laying out tile.
• Exploring types of tile and their properties.
• Adhesive and mortar types.
• Finishing trim options.
• Grout types and application method.
• Grout repair.
• Drilling/cutting through laid tile.
Power Tool Operation- Learn safe and proper use of all common hand power tools including:
• Circular saw
• Angle grinder
• Belt and Palm sander
• Jig Saw
Plus an introduction to:
• Air nailers & Compressors
• Table Saw
Painting & Finishing
• Proper painting techniques for walls.
• Brush and roller types, use and maintenance.
• Staining and protecting finish pieces.
• Installing baseboard, window and door casements & crown molding.
• Finishing for paint.
• Exploring wood types and their properties
Instructor: Glen Creamer
Dates: (FALL) Tuesdays, November 7 - 28, 2017 (4 weeks)
(WINTER) no class
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00 pm
Location: Maritime Opportunity Centre, 1216 Sand Cove Road Saint John - Room: TBA
Course fee: $140 (plus HST)
About the instructor: Glen Creamer is a professional contractor working in Saint John. He’s also been a music teacher and mentor to musicians, developing ground-breaking educational programs for places like the Imperial Theatre. Glen is an enthusiastic and patient teacher who can help students reach potentials they didn’t know they had!
Need help with the registration process? Watch the video below.
For more information
Please contact email@example.com or phone (506) 648-5962
Click here for more information about inclement weather policies, parking regulations and payment options.