Intro to Acrylic Painting
Experience the vibrancy and versatility of acrylic painting. You'll enjoy how easy these inexpensive, fast-drying paints are to use. Beginning with the fundamentals of colour theory and the colour wheel, explore the study of light and shadow, composition, visual perspective, paint handling, and application. You'll experience different approaches to subject matter and composition, including still life, a study of a masterwork and abstract compositions. Whether you're a beginner or someone looking to refresh their skills, this course offers plenty of guidance and individual attention.
Materials: Please bring the following materials (or similar items). Some materials may be available at Endeavours, Michaels, online, and at the Dollar Store.
- SYSTEM 3 150ML TITANIUM WHITE
- SYSTEM 3 150ML MARS BLACK
- SYSTEM 3 150ML CADMIUM YELLOW (HUE)
- SYSTEM 3 150ML ULTRAMARINE
- SYSTEM 3 150ML CADMIUM RED HUE
- TOMBOW MONO DRAWING PENCIL HOMO-GRAPH 3B
- SIMPLY SIMMONS WATERCOLOUR BRUSH OVAL WASH 1
- SIMPLY SIMMONS SYNTHETIC BRUSH FLAT WASH 3/4
- SIMPLY SIMMONS SYNTHETIC BRUSH FILBERT 6
- SIMPLY SIMMONS SYNTHETIC BRUSH ROUND 0
- Assorted Canvas (9”x12”(day 1), 12”x16”(day 2), and 16”x20”(day3- 4)
- Roll of freezer paper
- 1 large glass jar (optional)
- 1 old rag or roll of paper towel (optional)
- Spray bottle (optional)
Instructor: Celine Gorham
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Dates: (WINTER) Tuesdays, March 14 - April 4, 2017 (4 weeks)
(SPRING) Wednesdays, April 26 - May 17, 2017 (4 weeks)
Location: Rm. 123, Marshall d'Avary Hall, 10 MacKay Drive, UNB Fredericton campus (click here for campus map)
Course fee: $100 (+ HST)
About the Instuctor: Celine Gorham is a Fredericton-based artist and art teacher. Deeply inspired by the natural world, her paintings in watercolour, ink, and acrylic depict dreamy botanical studies and little treasures from the forests of her home province. She divides her time between her personal art practice, teaching art classes, and knitting or cycling (but never both at the same time).
Need help with the registration process? Watch the video below.
For more information
Please contact Alison Howells at 452-6360
For a complete list of Fredericton non-credit courses, please click here.
Click here for more information about inclement weather policies, parking regulations and payment options.