This seminar is also offered as part of the Human Resources Management Program.
This workshop addresses the structure of Canadian unions, principals related to collective bargaining, steps in negotiating a union contract and techniques in dispute resolution. You will also discuss how unions affect the human resources management environment as well as ways to improve union-management relations. The module will summarize the safety and health responsibilities of employers and employees.
- Understand the structure of Canadian unions
- Identify the major reasons why workers join unions
- Explain how a union organizing campaign is carried out
- Summarize core legal principles relating to collective bargaining
- Outline the key steps in negotiating a union contract
- Describe how unions affect the human resource management
|January 9-10, 2018||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Fredericton, NB||$545||Register now|
Dan Leger is a partner in Pink Larkin Fredericton office. Admitted to the New Brunswick Bar in 2005, he has appeared before the New Brunswick Court of Queen's Bench, New Brunswick Court of Appeal, Federal Court, the New Brunswick Labour and Employment Board and labour arbitration tribunals. He acts as the Registrar of the New Brunswick Dental Society and is a Director of the Canadian Dental Federation.
For more information
Tel.: 506-453-3503 / Toll Free: 1-866-599-4646