This seminar is also offered as part of the Human Resources Management Program.
This workshop has been developed to provide knowledge of the legislative framework within which the management of human resources takes place. It is designed to familiarize participants with the legal issues relating to the employee-employer relationship and how laws impact on Human Resources management. Participants will be introduced to laws and regulations regarding human rights, employment standards, occupational health and safety, pay equity, labour relations, diversity, and harassment.
- Become familiar with the fundamental employment laws which bind every employer and employee in the Province of New Brunswick.
- Minimize liability to their employer prior to the commencement of the employment relationship with an employee.
- Minimize liability to their employer throughout the employment relationship of the employee.
- Minimize liability on termination of the employment relationship of the employee.
- Become familiar with the fundamental components of the Employment Standards legislation.
|February 6-7, 2018||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Fredericton, NB||$545||Register now|
Jamie Eddy is a partner of the Fredericton office of Cox and Palmer and the New Brunswick Chair of the Cox & Palmer Management Labour Relations and Employment Practice Group. Jamie's practice is primarily in the area of employment and labour law with extensive experience in wrongful dismissal lawsuits, human rights complaints, union certification applications, pensions, injunctions, grievance arbitrations, employment standards appeals, workers compensation appeals, employment insurance appeals, disability claims, preparation of employment contracts, employee policies and termination agreements, negotiation of collective agreements and general pro-active advice on employment and labour law issues.
For more information
Tel.: 506-453-3503 / Toll Free: 1-866-599-4646