Business Analysis Essentials
Early bird pricing and group discounts are available. See below for details.
This 3-day course provides the participant with a fundamental understanding of core business analysis tools used for planning, elicitation and documentation of requirements.
This course is appropriate for Project Managers, Senior Managers, subject matter experts, and other project resources and will provide you with a better understanding of the value business analysis can bring to a project and the basic tools used to bring that value.
Taught through a series of discussions, examples, and real world hands-on exercises drawn from IT projects and real life, you will walk out with basic tools that can be applied immediately to projects assigned to you, whether your primary role is of a Project Manager, Product Manager, Developer, Quality Assurance Manager or other core project team member. This course is based on BABOK® v2.
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Evaluate underlying business analysis competencies to gain an appreciation of how Business Analysis Essentials adds value to an organization;
- Distinguish and give examples of the differences between business analysis and project management;
- List and give examples of different requirement types;
- Analyze and document a business problem;
- Contrast viable solutions against developed decision criteria;
- Describe the important sections of a business case;
- Formulate criteria to determine best technique to elicit requirements;
- Elicit requirements from various stakeholders using various methods;
- Construct common requirement documentation deliverables;
- Analyze business requirements;
- Apply a robust requirement prioritization technique.
Who Should Attend?
The Business Analysis Essentials course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Project Managers;
- Senior Managers;
- Subject matter experts;
- Product Managers;
- Quality Assurance resources;
- Other project resources;
- Anyone responsible for managing projects;
- Anyone who has not been exposed to the tools, techniques and terminology of formal project management.
|April 24-26, 2018
||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
||$1150 +HST: Register by Mar 24, 2018 for special early bird pricing (save $145)
$1295 +HST: Register after Mar 24, 2018 for standard pricing
Send 3 or more participants from your company and receive a 10% discount. Contact an account manager for more information.
Ori Schibi has 23 years’ experience providing practical new ways of managing and dealing with projects, programs, business analysis and PMOs. His experience includes driving process efficiencies, software implementations, project recoveries, PMO’s, project management skills assessments and complex programs that stabilize business, create growth and value and lead sustainable change.
Ori has extensive experience working with large to mid-sized organizations in diverse industries. These industries include Telecoms, Financial Services, Pharmaceuticals and government agencies (Canada, US, the United Nations).
Ori is also the author of the book Managing Stakeholder Expectations for Project Success. Through his book, Ori focuses on understanding stakeholders’ needs and managing their expectations, defining success criteria tied to project constraints, and performing activities that add value to the creation of the desired result and ultimately, lead to customer satisfaction.
Ori is well-versed in several agile methods and teaches agile courses at the University of Toronto and in house for the City of Toronto.
For more information
Tel.: 506-453-3503 / Toll Free: 1-866-599-4646