Management Development Certificate Program
Take your career to the next level
Whether you want to move into a management position or upgrade your management skills, this program is for you. For the past 20 years, we have trained managers to become more effective and knowledgeable. We are constantly adapting our program to meet the needs of business professionals like you. You may also be eligible for up to 6 university credit hours upon successful completion of the program.
Improve your skills quickly and apply them immediately
In only 17 weekday sessions you will learn relevant skills that address today’s business issues – skills that you can apply in the workplace immediately, including:
- Teambuilding and leadership
- Networking and communication
- Managing change and conflict
- Managing finances and projects
- Strategic planning
At the end of the eight-month program, your Certificate of Proficiency will show your employer that you have mastered the skills of effective management.
Learn the latest management techniques in a supportive environment
Our in-class format allows you to focus on learning away from the pressures of work. You will learn with your peers, discussing new ideas and techniques in lively interactive sessions.
Our instructors, who are experienced facilitators and business people, provide coaching and feedback.
You will need to do some preparation outside of class, such as pre-readings, assignments, and group work.
Sessions are conveniently scheduled during the week, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm at the Wu Center on the UNB campus in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
The next program runs from October 4, 2017, to May 2018.
What are the costs?
The fee is $4195 (no HST) and includes course handouts, a memory key, and electronic course materials, lunch and nutrition breaks, and a framed certificate. Books are not included.
Participants may pay for the program, or their employer may sponsor them.
Employers who sponsor participants will gain:
- Cost-savings due to improved management techniques and processes
- Leaders who boost productivity and motivate employees
- Engaged, pro-active managers commitment to professional development
- Recognition as employers who value their managers and employees
The program delivers best results when employees have opportunities to use their new skills in the workplace, and get feedback from their employer.
Who typically attends this program?
"I entered the Management Development Program as soon as I entered my first-ever management position. What I learned saved me from making a lot of mistakes at the outset. When I had to do my first staff evaluations, I immediately turned to tips and information I learned in the program because they were tangible and relevant."
- Fiona Williams, Executive Director, Liberty Lane Inc.
- Up and coming managers who want to build a solid foundation of management skills, processes, and techniques
- Supervisors who want to become managers
- Technical professionals who want to move into a management position
- Experienced managers who want to move up to a more senior position
A university degree or a college diploma is not required.
To secure your place in the 2018 program please register here. You will be contacted for your method of payment.
For more information
Tel.: 506 447-3340
Toll Free: 1 866 599-4646