Bachelor of Integrated Studies
Opening doors to new opportunities and advancement
Through UNB's tradition of academic excellence you can achieve knowledge and expertise that can be readily applied to your life and workplace situations. The Bachelor of Integrated Studies (BIS) is offered by UNB's faculty of Leadership Renaissance College, in partnership with the College of Extended Learning.
As a Bachelor of Integrated Studies (BIS) graduate you are primed to meet the challenges of a competitive, ever changing world.
Key benefits to you:
- An admission process that considers the experiential learning of adult students
- Support and services for adult learners returning to formal study
- A schedule that accommodates students who are employed
- Individualized programming that reflects your interests and goals
- A challenging learning environment that will provide intellectual development and personal growth
- May increase career opportunities by opening new doors
The BIS is a 120 credit-hour degree completion program that is suitable for part-time study, although students can enroll on a full-time basis.
The BIS is versatile, flexible, and individualized – you capitalize on your previous post secondary education, and build a study plan designed to meet your current educational, personal, and professional goals.
You will work with an advisor to chart your plan of study and create a program that suits your interests and needs. You may begin your academic study at the start of any term and can choose a pace suitable to your schedule.
UNB delivers many courses in a variety of ways, including face-to-face, online, and via audio or teleconference, making it easier for you to take courses at times to fit your schedule.
If you are interested in advancing within your profession, thinking about making a career change, or seeking a personal or professional challenge, then the BIS program may be for you.