Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for music camp?
- How do I go about making a payment?
- I am having a hard time filling out the online payment. What should I do?
- Are there scholarships available?
- We’re not from the Fredericton area. Can my child stay in residence?
- We had something come up, and my child can no longer attend camp. Can we get a refund?
- What is a day at camp like?
- What do we need to bring to camp?
- Where is camp held?
- What time is drop off and pick up?
- Are there any concerts during music camp?
Take a look at our website to find a camp that’s just right for you!
Follow the link to the camp, where you can find more information on it’s dates, times, pricing, and location.
To register, click on the “register now” button.
You will be directed to our online registration form. Please complete it in full. You should hear back from our music team within a few days.
If you would like to pay online, you will be lead to our instant enrolment page, where we accept a credit card payment.
After completing our registration form online, you will be directed towards our online payment and registration system, called instant enrolment. Here you can conveniently make your camp payments online by credit card!
We also accept payments in person by cash or cheque. Cheques should be made payable to the "University of New Brunswick". Payments can be dropped off at the UNB Music Office in room 22A (on the second floor), Memorial Hall, 9 Bailey Drive, Fredericton.
Click here for more information on how to complete our online payment and registration system:
If you are still having trouble, feel free to contact us at 453-4697 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A limited number of scholarships are available for students in financial need. Parents wishing to obtain a scholarship for a student must complete our online scholarship application form. Evaluations will be made following the camp deadline.
We offer students who are 12 and older the option to stay in residence on UNB Campus. Students electing to stay in the university residence are supervised by camp staff on a 24-hour basis, and are provided food at the campus dinning hall. Fun group activities like movie nights, concerts and game nights are organized each evening after dinner.
Staying in residence is an additional $240, and includes food for the week and all activities that take place during the evenings.
Residence: MacKenzie House
If you would like your child to stay in residence, it is now possible to pay online!
How to pay online for your child's residence accommodations:
1. Take note of the course code number : CMUS 4120.
2. Click here to complete your payment.
3. Click 'Register and Pay for Non-credit Classes'
4. Enter your child's course code number under the field "Course Code Number,"
5. Select the appropriate check box and click submit.
6. You can now enter your child's information and proceed with the payment.
Participants wishing to withdraw from a Music Camp must do so in person, by telephone or in writing to the Centre for Musical Arts.
- Refund requests made more than 3 weeks (21 days) before camp start date are eligible for a full refund minus $25 administration fee.
- Refund requests made 21 days or less before camp start date are eligible for a 50% refund.
- Withdrawal on camp start date or after: no refunds except for medical reasons. All medical requests must be made in writing and be fully supported and documented by a practicing medical physician with the Medical Association.
The following is a sample of last year’s schedule:
7:30 - Breakfast (Residence Campers)
8:30 – Drop off (non-Residence Campers) 9:00 – Masterclass/Chamber Music
10:15 - Break 10:30 – Orchestra/Band 12:00 - Lunch
1:00 - Choir
2:00 - Recreational Elective (i.e. art or soccer)
3:00 - Orchestra Sectionals/Masterclass/Chamber music
4:00 - End of Day/ Pick up (non-residence campers)
5:00 – Dinner (residence campers)
6:00 – Down time
7:00 – Camp Group activity/Concerts
Students who are not staying in residence should come with:
- re-fillable water bottle
Everyone should bring:
- instrument and all necessary accessories (puck/rosin/mouth pieces/reeds)
- any required music
- sneakers and appropriate clothing for outdoor activities
* Allergies: Please note that due to severe allergies, we cannot allow shellfish and nuts of any kind (including their products, such as peanut butter etc.) at the camps. Thank you for your cooperation.
UNB’s Band Camp, String Camp, and Songwriters Camp will be held at Marshall D’Avray Hall, 10 Mackay Drive, UNB Fredericton Campus.
Youth Strings Camp will be held at Memorial Hall, 9 Bailey Drive, UNB Fredericton Campus.
If you are unfamiliar with campus, a campus map is available online at: www.unb.ca/welcome/maps/fredericton/
Full day camps (Band, String, and Songwriter Camps) run from 9:00am – 4:00 pm. Drop off begins at 8:00am and pick up ends at 5:00pm.
Day students (students who are not staying in residence) will provide their own lunch and must be on campus from 9am to 4pm. We do encourage these students to attend the evening concerts and activities!
Half day camps (Youth Strings) runs from 9:00am – 12:00pm. Drop off begins at 8:30am and ends at 12:30pm.
Faculty and student concerts are held throughout the week and are open to the public.
At the end of the last day of camp (the Friday) there is a final concert that showcases all the hard work campers have been doing throughout the week. All parents, family members and friends are welcome to attend.
- The camp reserves the right to expel campers for violations of camp rules without refund of camp fees.
- The camp cannot be held responsible to loss, damage or theft of any personal belongings.