Saskpower Safety Award Application Form
One award of $500 will be presented annually to a student registered in the last half of UNB's Occupational Health and Safety certificate program.
Preference will be given to self-identified diversity applicants who meet the eligibility and selection criteria requirements.
To be eligible for the SaskPower Safety Award, a student must:
- Be able to demonstrate strong academic achievement.
- Have an academic standing of at least 70% average in completing the first 6 courses (first half) of the Health, Safety, and Environmental Processes certificate program.
- Be enrolled in the second half (last 5 courses) of the Health, Safety, and Environmental Processes certificate program.
- Be a Saskatchewan resident. You are considered a Saskatchewan resident if any of the following is true: you have always lived in Saskatchewan; you or your spouse filed a Saskatchewan income tax return for the last tax year; or, your parents filed a Saskatchewan tax return for the last tax year.
Award applicants will be evaluated based on:
- Academic achievement (worth 70% of overall scoring)
- Leadership qualities and balanced lifestyle (i.e. Community involvement, participation in extra-curricular activities) (worth 30% of overall scoring)
September 30, each year