Institutionalize Strategic Thinking using the Balanced Scorecard with Laura Downing
Gain an appreciation of how your organization can institutionalize strategic thinking.
The Balanced Scorecard (BSC) is a framework that has helped thousands of organizations around the world align their metrics, projects, and people to their strategy for breakthrough results.
By deploying the Balanced Scorecard within your organization–for profit or mission driven–you will be able to create a transparent environment that allows you to set and monitor goals and communicate progress throughout. The Balanced Scorecard is a proven multilevel system that will track performance through financial analysis, customer satisfaction, internal process, and organizational growth.
|October 17, 2012||7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Wu Centre
Seminar: The Balanced Scorecard: Methodology and Implementation (Seminar)
- Do you struggle to communicate your strategy in a way that your entire organization understands?
- Are you challenged to capture and report results and take corrective actions along the way?
- Do your initiatives or internal programs seem disconnected from the strategy, are they chronically behind plan, and generate questionable results?
- Are you not sure if you’re measuring the right things?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then this workshop is a crucial investment for you and your leadership team. You will learn the basics of the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) and how to deploy the Balanced Scorecard within your organization.
This interactive one-day workshop will be led by a world-class Balanced Scorecard expert who has been working directly with the developers of the Balanced Scorecard (Drs. Kaplan and Norton) for over 15 years. You will leave the workshop with both a great understanding of the Balanced Scorecard methodology as well as practical advice on how to implement the Balanced Scorecard in your organization.
- Balanced Scorecard Overview
- Strategy maps
- Key measures and targets
- Initiative alignment
- Reporting and Reviewing results
Participants will come away from the workshop with:
- A clear understanding of the principles of the Balanced Scorecard
- A draft strategy map that tells the story of your strategy
- A draft set of measures to measure progress toward your strategy
- An understanding of how to improve management review meetings.
Register today to ensure your organization is ready to perform to meet tomorrow’s challenges.
|October 18, 2012||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Wu Centre
About Laura Downing:
Laura Downing is a world-class Balanced Scorecard expert who has been working directly with the developers of the Balanced Scorecard (Drs. Kaplan and Norton) for over 15 years. She is co-founder and Managing Partner of Ascendant Strategy Management Group dedicated to providing performance management solutions including consulting, reporting software, facilitation and training. Ms. Downing was also a founder of Balanced Scorecard Collaborative and Palladium Group in partnership with Drs. Kaplan and Norton. Laura has partnered with a range of organizations implementing a performance Management system: US Army, Catholic Charities, FBI, ACCION, Office of Management and Budget, PetroCanada and Government of New Brunswick. She was instrumental in developing Balanced Scorecard and Strategy Execution methodology over the past twenty years.