Operations Management Toolbox (Tactical Managerial Core Competencies)
Operational skills can benefit manager effectiveness.
Back to course listing
||Key Performance Behaviours
Manager success can be influenced by their ability to navigate operational reporting.
- Can read basic financial reports
- Understands the purpose of key performance indicators
- Can create a basic operational report
- Recognizes the purpose of a balance scorecard
- Knows basic financial ratios
- Can read an operational report
Manager success can be enhanced by their ability to oversee projects.
- Can scope and frame a project
- Has a strategy for managing projects
- Can use project management tools
- Confident in project management skills
- Understands how to calculate ROI
- Understands how to assess project risk
Manager success can be enhanced through their operational management capacity.
- Has a basic understanding of operations management
- Can write a standing operational procedure
- Understands the benefits for knowledge management
- Understands the link between customer expectations and operations
- Can facilitate an operations audit
- Can define the benefits of a quality control program