Etiquette, Ethics, and E-Communication (Interpersonal Domain)
Professionalism is not an intangible. It is very tangible and it can be observed in how managers present themselves in person and online.
Back to course listing
||Key Performance Behaviours
Manager success is enhanced by awareness of etiquette.
- Can describe key elements for professional etiquette
- Applies best practices for facilitating a business conversation
- Confident in social etiquette awareness
- Can identify common etiquette pitfalls
- Practices corporate manners
- Comfortable facilitating a meeting
Being perceived as a professional with ethical standards and sound judgment enhances manager success.
- Has a defined set of professional ethics
- Applies an ethical decision making model
- Knows how to demonstrate professional ethics
- Understands how to navigate an ethical dilemma
- Can describe an ethical dilemma
- Can explain the kinds of thinking errors that lead breaching professional ethics
Manager success is enhanced by the ability to navigate e-communications.
- Understands email protocols
- Understands e-communication social etiquette
- Understands the rules for e-communications
- Understands how to monitor emoticons
- Keeps emotions out of all e-communications
- Knows when e-communication will not work