Awards & recognition
The University of New Brunswick's development, buildings and infrastructure has been recognized by a variety of organizations and institutions over the past 225 years.
Here is a sampling of some of the more recent:
- The Corbett Centre development in Fredericton was recognized for it's commercial design in the City's 2008 Development Committee Awards.
- The University of New Brunswick received a B+ on the 2010 College Sustainability Report Card, which is up from a C in 2009.
- UNB received $296,000 in 2009 from the Government of New Brunswick’s Environmental Trust Fund for a series of projects that has reduced the University's carbon footprint.
- In 2010, the Atlantic University and Colleges Sustainability Network organized an energy reduction competition for 37 residences across seven campuses in Atlantic Canada. Aitken House on the Fredericton campus was this year's winner.
- The 2010 Provincial Energy Efficiency Award recognizing UNB's Energy Management Program - one of the longest standing programs in Atlantic Canada. Tony Secco, Vice President Academic, also received the Premier's Award for Energy Efficiency Champion - Commercial Sector on behalf of UNB in May, 2010.
- NB Saint John Students' Recycling Program received a 2010-11 Environmental Trust Fund Award for undertaking a waste management initiative.