Global Site Navigation (use tab and down arrow)
UNB by the Numbers
- Saluted as the nation’s No. 1 entrepreneurial university by Startup Canada.
- Responsible for about 75 per cent of all publicly funded research in New Brunswick.
- About $7.2 million in scholarships were available to our undergrads in 2015-16.
- About one in every two students entering UNB directly out of high school received a scholarship last year.
- Since 2000, UNB has managed 277 invention disclosures, and filed patent applications for 95 separate technologies. Seventy eight patents have been issued.
- More than 3,200 people work with UNB, making it one of the largest employers in the province.
- Recognized in the Globe and Mail as one of Canada’s Top 100 employers in 2016.
- Named one of Atlantic Canada’s Top 50 employers in 2016 by Atlantic Business magazine.
- UNB has been responsible for 36 startups since 2010.
- A budget of more than $190 million for 2015-16.
- Within the last decade, nearly 6,000 international students have graduated from UNB.
- In the last decade, there has been 23,210 degrees conferred at all levels.
- At UNB, we have an average of one full-time faculty member for every 16 students.
- Generous donors contributed $13.6 million to UNB in 2015-16.
- Nearly 80 new student awards were created in 2015-16.