Applying to UNB
Canadian & Permanent Residents
The deadline to apply for most undergraduate programs at the University of New Brunswick is March 31.
This ensures that you get the best possible opportunity of being offered a place in your preferred programs. Students applying to highly competitive programs such as Nursing are strongly encouraged to apply early.
Late applications will be considered based on available program space.
- UNB Fredericton Faculty of Engineering is no longer accepting applications for students direct from High School for Fall 2015.
- The application deadline for the Bachelor of Education program is December 31st.
- Law applicants should contact the Faculty of Law.
- The Education, Kinesiology and Nursing (excluding the Advanced Standing program) admit students for the September intake ONLY. Kinesiology applications from transfer students only, will be considered for January admission.
- Education, Kinesiology, Nursing (Fredericton only), BIS and DAUS programs require supplementary forms. Applying to Renaissance College also requires additional documents.Education, Kinesiology, Nursing (Fredericton only), BIS and DAUS programs require supplementary forms. Applying to Renaissance College also requires additional documents.
How to Apply
Start our online application for admission.
After filling in all the information (including the payment details), click the "submit" button at the bottom of the page. Your application will be forwarded to the Admissions Office only if your credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express) has been approved for payment of the $55.00 processing fee.
After submitting your application you will receive an automatic confirmation email including your UNB application number. Save this email for future reference.
A PDF version of our application is also available to print and submit by mail or in-person.
Applicants from outside of Canada can visit the international applications page for more information.
Applying for Scholarships
Students who wish to be considered for scholarship support need to complete the general scholarship application form by March 1.
Applying for Residence
Students who wish to apply for residence on the Fredericton campus will automatically receive the residence application upon acceptance in their admission package. Students who wish to apply for residence on the Saint John campus may do so at any time after they have applied for admission.