Faculty: Faculty of Business
Degree(s): Bachelor of Business Administration
Campus: Saint John
University of New Brunswick Saint John BBA students who choose a concentration in Finance are introduced to a range of topics and issues in the world of finance, including: financial structures at provincial, national and international levels, currency, investments, equity ratios, managing and leveraging debt ratios, stocks, trade, and general Financial operations.
Our Finance graduates are prepared to succeed in any business career, especially with international corporations, and within the banking and financial sectors.
How does it work?
To have a concentration in Finance in the BBA program, students must complete at least 12 credit hours (or 4 courses) of approved Finance or non-Finance courses.
At least two of these courses must be chosen:
- Personal Financial Planning
- Advanced Financial Management
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Canadian Financial Institutions
- Derivatives: Options and Futures
In addition, a maximum of two of these courses:
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- International Financial Institutions and Markets
- International Macroeconomics
- Other available Finance courses
- The Finance concentration can be taken alone within the Bachelor of Business Administration or combined with another major, minor, or
- concentration of your choice.
Students interested in pursuing a career in international finance might consider UNB Saint John's Bachelor of Science in Financial Mathematics (BScFM).
For admission requirements, select "Business" in our admission requirements tool.