Mathematics and Economics Options
The motivation for the program is to equip students with the necessary analytical skill to pursue a graduate degree in either Economics or Mathematics. The combination of Mathematics in their Economics courses and the rigorous techniques from Mathematics will aid students in their problem-solving skills.
- BIOL 1105 , BIOL 1205 , BIOL 1017
- CHEM 1041 , CHEM 1046 , CHEM 1072 , CHEM 1077
- GEOL 1044 , GEOL 1074, PHYS 1011 , PHYS 1012 , PHYS 1021 , PHYS 1022 .
c. A minimum of 3 ch in approved electives.
Second Year (Minimum 31 ch)
- MATH 2513 , MATH 2523 , ECON 2013 , ECON 2023 , plus approved electives equivalent to 6 term courses.
Third Year and Fourth Year (Minimum 60 ch)
- ECON 3013 , ECON 3023 plus 21 ch of economics courses or approved substitutes. ECON 3665 is highly recommended.
- MATH 3713 , MATH 3303 (or approved substitute), STAT 3083 , STAT 3093
- Three chosen from: MATH 3073 , MATH 3243 , MATH 3503 , MATH 3733 , MATH 3753
- Two chosen from: STAT 3703 , STAT 4043 , STAT 4243 , STAT 4703
Plus an additional 6 ch of electives at any level.
- Students are strongly advised to take the required courses ECON 1013 / ECON 1023 in their first year.
- At least 3 ch of Computer Science are required in the program.
- STAT 2593 is recommended prior to taking STAT 3083 .
- Students who are interested in pursuing graduate work in Mathematics must take MATH 3733 .
- Credit will not be given for both STAT 4703 and ECON 4645 .