The first year of five UNBF programs is offered on the Saint John campus: Major, Honours, Honours Co-op, Medicinal Chemistry Majors, and Medicinal Chemistry Honours. Some upper year level courses are also available. A Minor program is offered for students in other departments within and outside of the Faculty of Science, Applied Science and Engineering who are interested in a coherent package of chemistry courses.
- CHEM 1041, CHEM 1046, CHEM 1072, CHEM 1077.
- PHYS 1011, PHYS 1012, PHYS 1021, PHYS 1022, MATH 1003, MATH 1013.
- Either BIOL 1105, BIOL 1205, BIOL 1017 and 6ch approved electives.
- BIOL 1006 will need to be completed in Fredericton to obtain a full yar Biology credit.
The minimum credit hour requirements beyond first year are:
Major: 72 ch Chemistry, 3 ch Biology, 6 ch Mathematics, 18 ch approved electives.
Honours: 76 ch Chemistry, 3 ch Biology, 6 ch Mathematics, 18 ch approved electives.
Honours Co-Op: 76 ch Chemistry, 3 ch Biology, 6 ch Mathematics, 18 ch approved electives, two work terms.
Medicinal Chemistry Major: 68 ch Chemistry, 3 ch Biology, 6 ch Mathematics, 18 ch approved electives.
Medicinal Chemistry Honours: 74 ch Chemistry, 3 ch Biology, 6 ch Mathematics, 18 approved electives.
Minor: 24 ch Chemistry
NOTE 1: See Chemistry Option Fredericton for detailed description.
NOTE 2: A minimum of 12ch of the electives must be from the Faculty of Arts, of which 6 ch must be chosen from ENGL, PHIL 2111, PHIL 2112, PHIL 3241, PHIL 3242, PSYC 3752 or equivalents.
Second/Third/Fourth Year Courses
• CHEM 2009
• CHEM/BIOL 2065 Biochemistry
• CHEM 2416, CHEM 2421, CHEM 2422, and CHEM 2457 - Organic Chemistry
• CHEM/BIOL 3245 Environmental Chemistry
• CHEM 3335 Chemical Management Practices
• CHEM 3435 Biomolecules and Primary Metabolism
• CHEM 4435 Biologically Active Natural Products and Secondary Metabolism