Certificate Programs in Science, Applied Science and Engineering
Certificate in Community Leadership
- Open to BSc students at UNB Saint John who will be entering the 3rd year of their program.
- Applicants must have a CGPA of 2.7 or higher.
- Applicants must have a combination of academic success, community service and other extracurricular activities.
- Complete and submit an application form to the Dean of Science, Applied Science and Engineering Office.
- Submit a statement outlining your interest in the program and explaining your version of the role of community leaders.
- Submit a resume detailing community service and extra-curricular activities you have been or currently are involved in.
- Submit an unofficial transcript.
To be awarded the Certificate, students admitted to the program will be required to complete a minimum of 160 hours of community service, 4 courses from a listing of applicable courses, 3 workshops, and 1 training session. All components must be completed before a student earns the Certificate designation. For continued participation in the program, students will be required to maintain a CPGA of 2.7 or higher. Enrolment in the program across Faculties will be limited to a maximum of 15 students each year.