Contact the UNB Financial Aid Office for information/assistance on Government student loans and funding your educational experience. The Financial Aid Office acts as a liaison between students and all governmental student aid offices. Assistance is available to students who need to obtain a provincial student loan application; require an explanation of their government student aid assessment; wish to initiate an appeal for further student loan assistance; need information on Canada Study Grants, and terms of repayment. Additionally, should you not be eligible for Government student loan assistance, you may discuss alternative funding options such as bursaries, chartered bank Student Loans and Line-of-Credit procedures with the Financial Aid Office.
Other services provided by the Financial Aid Office include, but, are not limited to:
- UNB Special Bursary Program is available to undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need.
- Dr. Florence T. Snodgrass Bursary for New Brunswick Students Program is available to undergraduate students from the Province of New Brunswick with demonstrated financial need.
- Graduate Bursary Program is available to graduate students with demonstrated financial need.
- Work Study Program is a subsidized work program designed to assist financially needy students with the high costs associated with post-secondary study. The program will also provide students with an opportunity to gain valuable skills/experience within an on-campus part-time employment situation.
- University Small Loan Program makes low-interest loans available to full-time students who have successfully completed one term at UNB. Maximum loan award for an academic year is $800.00.
For application information and deadlines, please contact the Financial Aid Office of UNB, first floor C.C. Jones Student Services Centre, (506) 453-4796 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
and website: http://www.unb.ca/fredericton/studentservices/financial-aid/
For information and applications for part-time student awards, please contact the College of Extended Learning at (506) 453-4818 or e-mail to: email@example.com.