English as a Second Language
Established in 1950, the UNB English Language Programme offers courses to assist non-anglophones to function in an English milieu. In all formats, the language of instruction is English; all communication is to be carried on in English as well. Classes for all proficiency levels are offered. Students are placed according to their levels.
A proven way to learn English with over six decades of success.
A. (Total Intense) SUBMARINE © Immersion Formats:
This approach incorporates "round the clock" classes and activities. A Commitment Contract (Pledge) to function only in English for the duration of enrolment is the basis of the operation.
- Executive Model: Three-week and two-week, small group modules featuring individualized attention and personalized scheduling are offered monthly.
- Intersession and Summer session, large group sessions. Offered May/June and July/August.
B. English for Academic Purposes
- Intensive English Term Format - 35+ hours per week. September to December and January to April and April to July.
- Intensive English Term Segment - 35+ hours per week. September to October, January to February and April to June.
- Evening classes, a three-hour block per week; undergraduate and graduate, credit and non-credit; September to October, January to February and April to May.
C. English Language Classes
- Tutorial classes are available to meet individual needs.
- Daily classes in one-week units: 10, 15, 25, 35 hours per week.
The UNB English Language Programme also offers a variety of specialized formats and workshops such as Assessment Workshops Professional Development Workshops, and Custom-designed Group Programs.
For information and registration, please contact:
UNB College of Extended Learning
English Language Programme
Telephone: (506) 453-3564